Tuesday, January 16, 2007

a few days later


The first pic was two days later, the second pic is four days later.
So I Finally let Conner see me. I covered the bottom half of my face and told him to not be scared. He looked scared and said,"I need my dada"
After that I decided to give him a call. I called him from my cell and told him I looked funny with medicine on my face and that I was not hurting. He was ok after that. He is really sweet about getting me food & presents that "help to make you feel better" He is truly the light of my life. I would hug him all day if my face didn't gross him out too much. More bruises are surfacing around my mouth, but the swelling is going down. Hopefully I can switch from shiny-face ointment to more human looking lotion in a day or two. Thanks for all of your support and love. I will post again in a couple of days.

2 Comments:

Blogger McDonald Family said...

Hey Cara,

The second pic looks like a mug shot - it's ok to smile if it doesn't hurt.

You can already tell a big difference. How long does it usually take before you look "normal" again (ie: the red spots go away and you're not shinny?)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

The shine comes from the topical ointment that I have to use as long as there are any open wounds(only through the first two weeks).After that I switch to a gentle moisturizer. Today, the red is all gone and I am looking pretty 'normal'. I am still swollen, but only those that know what I looked like pre-surgury can notice. I am looking forward to getting my smile back. It doesn't hurt to smile. However, I look really silly whe I smile. I will post pics today.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home