Sunday, July 30, 2006

This is me......


I'm Cara and am new to blogs. I am looking forward to interacting with folks through this new medium. Let's see......I am a wife, mom, aunt, daughter, sister, cousin, & friend. I am known for being an avid bargain shopper. In fact this will probably be the topic of several posts. I LOVE to find good deals on EVERYTHING!! My family is the center of my life, the Gospel is my focus. I am an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. I love the church. The teachings of the Church have kept my family strong and happy.

The best deal that I have found lately is a hardwood table & chairs set. Six chairs, large table, for 175.00. I got this at an estate sale to match a beautiful Ashley table I picked up on craigslist a few months ago. I need to finish the chairs to match the table...Never done this before so any advice would be helpful. The chairs are currently an oak color and the table is a dark, cherry/walnut finish.

I buy stuff because it's a good deal, whether I need it or not. This doesn't thrill my husband so I try not to go overboard. However, he knows I enjoy bargain shopping so he puts up with it selflessly. Am I the only one guilty of this?? Does anyone else go shopping and spend more time justifying your purchase than you do selecting the item(s) itself? Example - "I am saving way more money than I will pay in credit card interest" (which is usually untrue). Some times- sad to say- I donate items to the thrift store that still have the same thrift store tags on them :(

Anyone have any insights on bargain shopping? I found sweet flea market in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Here in Utah kids items are hot ticket. At this flea market they were the cheapest things. We actually came home with two more suitcases FULL of stuff than we came with.

My husband bought a new 2007 Honda shadow on wed. He really enjoys it. I'm still choking down the idea of the new debt. Although I must admit that driving up the canyon at dusk while holding on tight to my hubby is a great way to forget about any financial woes. Anyone know of any good deals on saddle bags or sissy bars? I am excited to learn to ride, but love being the passenger.

BTW- Is it better to have shorter or longer Blog entries? I hope that some people read this and enjoy it. I would be happy to talk about anything that interests me. (duh) :)

Have a good one & be patient with your kids.
-Cara

2 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Yes, that pic was taken in Moab. Moab is so stinkin' fun. I love taking the family there. We should plan a BIG family trip, that would be cool. I should make a blog about moab. DARE ME TO??

1:49 PM  
Blogger McDonald Family said...

Congrat's on your new Motorcycle... I hope we didn't do to much to persuade you into it. Also, if you have questions/concerns on the chairs I can probably talk you through anything as I've refinished lots of furniture. I miss you & love you!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home